Learning Support Assistant (Teaching Assistant) – 20 hours per week (LSA post)
Fixed term contract (initially to 31st August 2019)
Salary: Scale 3 or Scale 4 (depending on experience)
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant (Teaching Assistant) with the option to cover lunchtimes each day (an additional 5 hours per week). Starting as soon as possible.
We are looking for an experienced Learning Support Assistant to offer in-class support and to lead a phonics intervention. The candidate will have experience working with children in Key Stage Two and will be able to provide support and challenge as needed. The ideal candidate will also have experience working with children with SEND including those with SEMH needs and Autism.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Good numeracy and literacy having achieved GCSE grade C or Level 2 equivalent in English and Mathematics.
- Level Two or Level Three Teaching Assistant certification.
- Experience working with young people including those with SEND.
- Experience leading phonics interventions.
- A good understanding and commitment to the safeguarding and inclusion of all of our pupils.
- Ideally, the candidate would be able to support with school visits and residential trips, as required.
Key points about the job:
- Daily hours: 8.30am-12.30pm (LSA post) 12.30pm-13.30pm (Lunchtime cover)
- Term time only
- Scale 3 or Scale 4 (depending on experience)
What we offer:
Belmont Junior School is a vibrant, diverse community school in North London. Our children thrive in a happy, healthy, stimulating environment due to the hard work of our dedicated staff along with the support of our parents.
For an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org or download below. Return completed application forms to email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 26th November 2019 - Noon
Interview date: Thursday 28th November 2019